Quick Solutions For Broken Car Keys
If you've ever broken your key while trying to start you vehicle or had a key stuck in a rusted car door lock and couldn't remove it, you know how frustrating it can be to fix either of these problems. Luckily, the expert locksmiths at 24/7 Local Locksmiths have years of experience removing broken keys from locks and can provide a quick solution to any car security issue you're facing. Here we'll discuss the ins and outs of car key extraction and all necessary steps to getting you back on the road in no time.
Calling a professional vs. Removing the key yourself
When it comes to vehicles, some maintenance issues are easily performed by car owners, while other require the trained experience of a professional. If you are experiencing a lock problem, occasionally it can be fixed simply with the help of a friend or tutorial videos found online. However, most of the time, lock picking, broken key extraction and ignition repair are best left to professionals.
Since the aim of fixing car problems yourself is either to save time or money, or both, when you take on a project, you want to have reasonable certainty that you can be successful. However, when it comes to the locks and ignition on your vehicle, expenses incurred from damage to locks, keys, doors and the ignition could be much more costly and time consuming than calling a locksmith. So when you have a broken car key in a lock, call a professional locksmith with the proper experience and credentials. Quality service is more than worth the small investment.
Old Locks and Keys
To avoid broken keys and broken locks, it's best to have your locks checked when you have regular car maintenance, have locks lubricated yearly and replace locks that are becoming old, warped or brittle. However, it's not always possible to completely avoid breaking a key. When you first get keys to a car, or really any door for that matter, it is almost always advised to save the original somewhere secure and use a duplicate. This way, if you break a key or one goes missing, you can easily make a duplicate that is true to the original. Preparing for key copies in advance saves you time, money and gives you a more precise key cut. If you get duplicates of duplicates made when you need a new key, over time, your key will diverge more and more from the original cut, making the key difficult to use.
Car key extraction experts
When you do get a car key stuck in a lock or break a key in an ignition, we are here to help. When we respond to your location, we can not only provide a new key, but also offer a whole list of services so you have every vehicle security need addressed.
- Key duplication- When you've broken or lost a key, we can easily make you a new one on the spot. Our professionals travel with all the necessary equipment to duplicate a key so they can get you back on the road in no time. Best of all, they carry many specific kinds of keys so they can usually supply you with a key copy that is identical to what you would have been given at your manufacturer. They even have the capability to make you a new remote or transponder key.
- Lock picking- When you've locked your keys in your car, our locksmiths can provide quick, safe and affordable lock picking. Picking a lock yourself may cause damage to a lock or door, but our professionals know all the safest practices so you can maintain the integrity of your car door locks.
- Removing debris from locks- When small particles are caught in your locks, it can make the locks difficult or even impossible to use. We have all the right equipment to remove these pieces from your locks.
- Repairing ignition- If a key has broken in an ignition or a faulty lock has caused damage to the ignition, we can make this repair on site.
- Rekeying when necessary- If there has been significant damage done to a lock or you need a rekey for any reason, we can provide this service quickly and provide you with new keys and spares.
- Emergency response- Our professionals are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, even on holidays. We are known for our fast, quality services and want to be the locksmiths you can trust for all your security needs.
Contact us today it your car key is broken or you require mobile locksmiths for any emergency services!
What Customers Say About Us
We live not too far from Chicago and I spend about a hour and a half to get to my office. Mornings are always in a hurry for me and a broken door would be the worst I could expect. However, this was exactly what happened. I had no time to lose and so I called 247 Local Locksmiths. The expert guy from Locksmiths could fix the problem and I could go to work.format_quote
My car door didn’t open at all. Just a phone call to 24/7 Local Locksmiths and in less than 15 minutes I could drive my car again! Good job!format_quote
Honestly, I didn’t really expect that my vacation house could have a broken door. We use the house just a few months every year and it was pretty embarrassing to arrive and find that the door didn’t open at all. I was searching for an emergency locksmiths near me and by luck, we could contact 247 Local Locksmiths and in less than a hour we got the door fixed… vacation was safe!format_quote