When To Get Your Locks Rekeyed
Among the many services we offer at 24/7 Local Locksmiths, lock rekeying is one of the most common. There are many reasons you may want a lock rekeyed, from emergency repair to increasing security for your home or car. Here we'll talk about the many reasons you may need to rekey a lock as well as the process and costs involved.
When to get locks rekeyed:
Having a lock rekeyed may seem unnecessary if all of your locks are functioning properly, and that may be the case for you at this time. However, there are several scenarios in which having a lock rekeyed is the simplest and cheapest solution for keeping your home or car safe.
- After a move- When you move into a home that has been lived in previously, it is almost always recommended to have the locks around your house rekeyed. Oftentimes, friends, relatives and neighbors of the previous owners will have spare keys to the home, as well as the previous owners themselves. One of the first steps to securing your home is to limit the number of people that have access to your locks and security system. This starts with making sure no strangers have keys to your doors.
- After a break-in- In the event of a break-in, having the locks rekeyed is a good idea, especially if the intruder may have made entry using a key, or if any of the locks the home were damaged. If you are unsure of how the intruder entered your home, having locks rekeyed is still a cheap way to enhance security and can put you more at ease. While having locks rekeyed, you may also want to have security enhanced with deadbolts, alarm systems, or security cameras.
- Once locks are no longer functioning optimally- If your home or car is very old, the keys and locks will have worn out over time. Older locks can become harder to open and old keys can completely stop working if they are dull enough. It's a simple fix to have the locks rekeyed and start fresh.
- In an emergency- If you've lost your car keys and there is no spare, one option is to have the locks to your car rekeyed. Oftentimes it is possible to make a key using your existing lock, but in the event that there is any damage to the lock or it does not function properly, the lock can easily be replaced on the spot.
- When you're ready for an upgrade- If you've been thinking that it's time to increase security for your car or home, you may be interested in new lock types or high tech locks. Our professionals can make many recommendations on the systems that may be right for you including: coded locks, fingerprint scanning systems, remote control locks, and locks synced to smart phones.
What should I expect when having a lock rekeyed?
When you call 24/7 Local Locksmiths, you can expect a fast response as our service providers span from coast to coast and are located in a town near you. If you're calling with an emergency, they can get there fast to help solve the problem. When you have a lock rekeyed, our locksmiths will show up with all necessary tools, disassemble your current locks and replace the cylinders. They can replace all the locks in your home in no time at all and give you spare keys to your new locks. Our locksmiths are also available for security assessments if you would like them to walk through your property with you to make recommendations on additional safety measures for your home.
How much does it cost?
Amazingly, a standard lock rekey is only $19! That price is more than worth it when you consider all the money you could be saving on potential losses by break-in or theft. This service along with all others that we provide is made affordable to you because of the way we structure our business. We are proud to offer affordable prices along with our great service.
So give us a call today to have a lock rekeyed and for all your locksmith needs!
What Customers Say About Us
We live not too far from Chicago and I spend about a hour and a half to get to my office. Mornings are always in a hurry for me and a broken door would be the worst I could expect. However, this was exactly what happened. I had no time to lose and so I called 247 Local Locksmiths. The expert guy from Locksmiths could fix the problem and I could go to work.format_quote
My car door didn’t open at all. Just a phone call to 24/7 Local Locksmiths and in less than 15 minutes I could drive my car again! Good job!format_quote
Honestly, I didn’t really expect that my vacation house could have a broken door. We use the house just a few months every year and it was pretty embarrassing to arrive and find that the door didn’t open at all. I was searching for an emergency locksmiths near me and by luck, we could contact 247 Local Locksmiths and in less than a hour we got the door fixed… vacation was safe!format_quote